Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bob Reich on Bill Clinton



Clinton's former Labor Secretary and Jeremy's current professor, brings the pain:
I write this more out of sadness than anger. Bill Clinton’s ill-tempered and ill-founded attacks on Barack Obama are doing no credit to the former President, his legacy, or his wife’s campaign. Nor are they helping the Democratic party. While it may be that all is fair in love, war, and politics, it’s not fair – indeed, it’s demeaning – for a former President to say things that are patently untrue (such as Obama’s anti-war position is a “fairy tale”) or to insinuate that Obama is injecting race into the race when the former President is himself doing it.

5 Comments:

At 6:36 PM , Blogger ayatollah assahola said...

bring the dead man back.

Lloyd Bentsen's Corpse '08.

 
At 12:07 AM , Blogger stridewideman said...

Look, Cowboy, I'm not saying you're wrong. The Clintons just happen to be the Left's version of attack dogs like Santorum. Noone thinks it's right, it's just part of the game.

The sad fact is that there a lot of political hacks out there with few morals who will work for whomsoever wears the appropriate team jersey.

I'm not quite one of them, but I'm damn sure that one side is better then the other, and that most of the issues I care about really, really can't wait for me to play the moral long game and work to build power for a candidate I really like in 2016.

Obama and Edwards happen to be candidates I really like in this election; I hope they win. If they don't, though, that doesn't mean shits be just done with. It means we have to try and beat Hil-dawg in to a plowshare and use her.

As an aside, Lloyd Bentsen got the all-time best quote ever in a presidential debate (and maybe this is what Sarge is busting out in his You tube video); "what's that son? (to the moderator) I couldn't hear you, I had my hearing aid turned off."

 
At 2:26 PM , Blogger ayatollah assahola said...

"Senator, I knew Jack Kennedy,and Senator, you are no Jack Kennedy."

Somebody keeps it gangsta up in this bitch. And that somebody is Lloyd Bentsen.

Lloyd Bentsen's Corpse '08

 
At 5:45 PM , Blogger the cold cowboy said...

sarge: your lobbying is working. If H-bomb wins, I'm seriously considering voting for the corpse.

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger ayatollah assahola said...

cowboy: new jackblog t-shirt?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home