Tuesday, October 12, 2004

okay folks. those who know about voting and shit...

it looks like i have missed the deadline for absentee ballot registration, etc. so im not voting this year. granted, i haven't ever voted before but i had planned on actually registering this year and everything. i didn't. some expats and i were talking about this and they basically told me i'm an asshole for not voting because 'every vote counts.' my argument was pretty simple: look at the last election. my vote doesn't matter at all really. they disagree.

SO...my question for you is: does one vote really matter? do i just not understand how voting in america works at all? i was pretty sure that the popular vote doesn't account for anything important and is just somewhat of a silly process people go through to feel like they can 'make a difference' in politics. please explain this to me if i am wrong. i really don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home