Friday, September 24, 2004

The Return of Friday Morning (or afternoon) Poetry!

rejoice, ye masses! Or else sing out your lament.

Dinner

"A hearty helping, Danny dear?"
"Oh no, I fear I'm full.
For whilst you cooked that joyous meal,
I feasted on this skull!

A fool, you say? It was quite dumb.
But it was pearly white!
And shimmered so seductively
To whet my appetite!

"I couldn't help but eat the skull--
Deliciousness assured...
But now I find I was quite wrong-
That bone tasted of turd!

But now I don't know what to do!
For still my belt is tight!
Oh woe, lament my day is through
I'll struggle through the night,

With nightmares dark of tasty skulls
A-dancing in my fright.
And laughing taunting 'Skulls you eat!?!'
They'll say, 'That's just not right!'

'What idiot would eat a skull
While dinner's on the stove?
You've hitched up with the Crazy Van
And rode while Madness drove!'

'You let him drive you to the edge
Then feasted on his skull!
He fooled you, made you eat foul bone!
To folly you were lulled!'

'For now when food is heaped on high
And filled with goodness, pure
You cannot even lift a fork!
You fool! You dolt! You cur!'

So no, in shame, I must refuse
This dinner, though it looks
To be quite good, you skillful chef --
I'll eat when next you cook!"


Back with a weirdness. Friday morning Poetry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home