Friday, October 08, 2004

Friday Sometime Poetry!

Hello lads and ladies. Continuing our bewitching month theme, here's more (hopefully) spooky October poetry for you!

In Chasing

I'm chasing fawns
'Cross reckless dawns
Where rising Suns bleed wet and red.
Go scamper North
On forth toward ragged graying forests
Rank with dead.

Step thicket through
So slick with dew,
Seep damp and chill in bones to creak.
This forest old
Grows cold and withers while I watch, with
Palling reek.

Before my eyes
My fawn, my prize
Had entered in the forest, fell.
No sight to see
Left she. No clue, no warmth, no sign of
Life to tell.

Lone silence lies
And pokes and pries
To wrench my fluttered heart from out
My hollow chest.
"Go! Lest it's hopeless horror sought!" the
Forest shouts

And closing in
A crooked grin
Of wizened bark and gnarled limb.
Swift, bind me tight
The night that falls upon my mind is
Stark and grim.

But left therein
Remains a din
Confusion, voices, pain, regret-
A fleeting flash,
Her dash, her flight from me, her warmth, I
Can't forget.

So clutch and hold
The mem'ry told
Within my mind of loss and hurt-
For it remains
Life's grain, not death, not suffocation,
Breathing dirt.

Ice stings my toes
A newfound woe-
The mealy dirt enfolds my leg.
And down I sink
The brink comes on and hollow winds laugh
While I beg.

Then all else flees
On smoky breeze
Like acrid poison from my mind.
And only dark,
No spark, no beacon left to me, no
Light to find.



Go Sox!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home