Friday, May 21, 2004

You know what morning it is!

Friday Morning Poetry time!

Happy's Party

Happy hemmed me in,
Said: "My friend Philip made a sin."
"Made but did not do.
I think he named it after you."

And I was thinking
About slinking
T'ward the exit, t'ward the door.
Racing after
All the laughter
Happy'd sworn to find once more

Happy said "Oh no,"
Said: "You've got jobs before you go."
Said, but didn't say
That she and Phil would wed this day.

Balloons I'm filling
Always spilling
Boundless joy upon the floor.
Inching always
Upwards, sideways
Crawling to the liquor store.

Happy said "That's great."
This room looks excellent, first-rate.
Streamers, glitter, booze-
Yes you can go or stay, you choose."

So I went trudging
Always budging
To the wind and to the word
And often wondered
If that blundered
Union lived, if bells were heard.

Happy said it had.
Penned in a letter, sounding glad.
Wrote that all was well
Together they had shucked the shell.

So I am smiling
Whistling, wiling
All the days away in peace.
Looking backward
Falling upward
Laughing Laughing endlessly.


hmmm...not the greatest Friday morning poetry has had to offer. Sorry.

Required reading: This morning I ran across a thesis written at the Institute entitled "A Critical Study of Imperatives."

Sounds important.

Have lovely days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home