Thursday, June 01, 2006

End Boss Month

Courtesy of Joe V.:



Apparently June is End Boss Month. I can find very little in the way of preferred observances for End Boss Month, origins of End Boss Month, or why it is that we decided to dedicate a month to those most evil of all villains who plagued us as children, and haunt many of our nightmares still. Mostly it seems that gamer forums and fan sites take the opportunity to recount tales of their favorite end bosses. So I thought I'd pose the question to the Jackbloggerz: Any favorite End Bosses you want to give a shout-out to?

In honor of one of the finest and most noble gamers ever, my man Seth, I will submit "Master D", The unsettlingly Hitleresque End Boss of "Bionic Commando":


I must admit, I feel like a bit of a cheat having never personally faced "Master D". But once, in the aftermath of a binge festival of undoubtedly horrifying snack combinations (Funyons and Chocolate Milk comes to mind) I watched through a junk-food haze as Seth guided the heroic Bionic Commando (who can't even jump, for god's sake!) through many perils, and finally defeated the fiendish Master D. It was one of the finest gaming moments I've witnessed.

Honorable mention must include: Kefka - Final Fantasy III[US]/VI[Japan] (though ALL Final Fantasy End Bosses should probably be mentioned); Dr. Wily - Var. Megamen; and--my own personal White Whale, whom I have faced many times, but never bested: Jaquio - Ninja Gaiden.




Any favorites?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:05 PM , Blogger 617-472-33484 said...

some favorites that I never vanquished:
grumple gromit: http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/6241/boss4bm.gif
axis powers: http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/3122/desertcommandernesss107yy.png
japanese battleship/aircraft carrier: http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1143/silentservice4tf.jpg
not only could I not kill, I never encountered this. except for once, sleeping over at drew's. I fled in panic before realizing what I had done. now I can't verify that it even existed.

and right now, osmund saddler is kicking my ass.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home