Monday, January 23, 2006

"'I'm mindful of your civil liberties and so I had all kinds of lawyers review the process,' Bush told some 9,000 students, soldiers and dignitaries in the audience.
...
"'It would be our choice to not to have to talk about this at all,' he said on ABC's 'Good Morning America.'"


-The Times (Re: Eavesdropping Illegally on 'Terrorists')

To those Jackbloggerz who actually follow such yo-yoing day-to-day politics, I'm curious as to what you think is going to happen with this eavesdropping issue. This article says 56 percent of pollees think Bush should've gotten warrants before eavesdropping. That's not too bad, I guess, but it's obviously not the outrage for which one might hope. I guess I just keep expecting that this shit will reach its aphelion any minute.

PS. Goddamnit, fuck the New York Times. In the middle of typing this post, they removed the article I originally linked to, which contained the above-quoted text, and now I can't find reference to it anywhere on the net. The article appearing in its place is shit by comparison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home