Tuesday, January 25, 2005

doppelganger alert!

I was born in LaPorte, Indiana, in October of 1957. My parents, Virginia Nice Snavley and Jim Snavley, named me John David, after two bible characters who were great friends. As a little boy, they told me that my name meant “friendship.”

The space age was also born in October of 1957, when the Soviet Union launched the first Earth-orbiting satellite. Sputnik weighed 184 pounds. I weighed eight and one half pounds.


enjoy this painful romp through a cruel and hopefully distant branch of poor spellers on my family tree. this man and i share a middle and last name and as i am at work i have been unable to listen to his songs, though i am particularly anxious to hear "the heaven's (sic) declare your glory". my hope is that it's an autobiographical song. everyone knows it's -e-l-y!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home