Friday, April 16, 2004

oof. It’s somewhat early in the workday, but I’m pretty sure I'm already effed. My crime? I saw Mystic River last night and had the audacity to think that it wasn’t that good.

I think people at work are actually mad at me for this. no wolf.

FRIDAY MORNING MARVEL DOG
by Dan Pribble

This morning I awoke and found
My marvel-dog, a robust hound,
Awaiting, from my steady hand,
A word of loving stern command.

Go feast, my beast! I cackled fast,
Go eat! Bring terror wide and vast.
For this bleak morn is Marvel Day!
Let forth your dire baleful bray!

Said Marvel-Dog “What’s up with that?
A peaceful dog, I am, Fat Cat.
Doomsday hound is not my thing,
So quit your murd’rous blathering.

My jaw dropped nearly to the floor.
What happened to that Marvel-roar?
That Marvel-feasting, Marvel-fear?
That Marvel-chugging Marvel-beer?

“I’m done with that.” he grinned and said.
“I’m gonna be a priest instead.
And spread my word of marvel-love
And wear a rhinestone Marvel-glove.”

Said I “Blasphemer! Hound of doom!”
Demandeth I a mournful gloom!
A pall upon this Marvel-Day
So Kill, great hound, and feast away!”

But he just dropped a Marvel-smile,
A rack of teeth so full of guile
That I just thought I’d smile, too.
Oh Marvel-dog, I do love you!


Also, a baffler: this morning I complete an request for a person named Ian Sue Wing…huh? is it a man? a woman? Scottish? Chinese? What’s going on? And in other, name related news, this Chinese ScotsWoMan ordered an article authored by a dude name Blazaka. BLAZAKA! He get’s my vote for the rockin’-est chemical engineer around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home