Wednesday, July 25, 2007

something rotten in the state of dogpatch

is it simply general malaise at the premature passing of the two-hour cheney presidency? might it be the result of premature celebration as the last days close in on my oppressive-if-magnanimous internship which has sapped my soul of precious soul-juice at the exact rate with which it has stacked my spreadsheeting biceps to mr. olympus proportions? or it could be that my extraordinarily unhealthy chili-and-booze binge on saturday has sapped not only several years from my life, byt also my will to blog?

whatever the reason, july has brought forth the winter of the jackblog. were it not for robots and crotches, we surely would be as useless as the cobwebbed, smegma-encrusted angerblog.

i have two more days before i kiss excramento farewell, another week of answering peanut guy questions, and then i shall be off on a two-week road trip through the pacific northwest, yellowstone and minnesota, and back to god's country by which of course i mean glorious ohio, where it rains from time to time and occasionally dips below 85 degrees.

thus, my postings shall be sparse at best during the month of august.

in the meantime, where are the long-dormant bloggers of jackblog past? give me your meatcoat, your doomgoblin, your dong hardbodied masses yearing to be free. send these, the blogless, tempest-tost to me. i lift my lamp beside the golden door.

2 Comments:

At 9:49 AM , Blogger dan said...

I stand beside cold cowboy. Let us revitalize the jackblog so that all other, less magnificent, jackblogs may understand that we rule the jackroost. And if you don't want to just keep reading about crotches, robots and planet-news, then we got warm this badboy up again.

 
At 7:27 PM , Blogger stridewideman said...

Solidarity, indeed. I would posit, that perhaps the Jackblog feels a bit torpid because it is summer, and some Jackbloggers have more time....while others of us have less.

That being said, certainly there are some wet blankets among us.

Perforce, what news, jackfolk?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home