Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Lately, I've been thinking that the U.S. should intervene militarily in Darfur. however, i wonder if it makes me and my fellow liberals hypocritical, because many of us were so vocal in our opposition to the war in Iraq, a similar human rights disaster. I realize there are significant differences (international support for Darfur, presumably the administration wouldn't have to make some shit up for going in, etc.). But I also wonder if I would feel differently if Bush were a Democrat. Bush's rhetoric is surprisingly similar to that of Kennedy's, a minor god in the Democratic Party. So what's the difference? is it a sense of being contrarian to the Republican or is it something more? my personal feeling is that most of the difference lies in the fact that bush and co. are a bunch of deceptive fucks. thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home